Let’s just sum up the whole NFL/kneeling story in a way that makes it clear what is happening.
- Government representatives (the police are part of the government, folks) kill several unarmed citizens with no repercussions.
- NFL players protest those deaths during the national anthem, calling attention to the fact that government officials killing unarmed citizens with no repercussions is antithetical to what America is supposed to be about (though too often what America does).
- A whole mess of people who have guns “to protect themselves from a tyrannical government” complain about players protesting, because government officials killing unarmed citizens isn’t a problem; the real problem is that they have to be reminded that America isn’t living up to its promise (something that oddly didn’t offend them when their leader’s campaign slogan told them America wasn’t great).
- A president who dodged the draft by lying about injuries, has routinely degraded those who have served the country, their families, and consistently insults federal law enforcement for their attempts to actually enforce the law when it comes to his crimes suggests that the protesters are “sons of bitches” and people should stop watching the NFL.
- The people who have guns “to protect themselves from a tyrannical government boycott the NFL (or other people have just gotten tired of the NFL’s lies and coverups and constant mismanagement), scaring the morally bankrupt NFL leadership.
- NFL leadership capitulates, affirming that their pursuit of more money is far more important than attempting to address the fact that government representatives are killing unarmed citizens with no repercussions.
- The people who have guns “to protect themselves from a tyrannical government” celebrate the fact that the President of the U.S. has defended the killing of unarmed citizens by government representatives with no repercussions, because the alternative was that they might have to think about helping fellow Americans.
- Their leader suggests that while it’s a good start, really, people protesting unarmed citizens shot in the streets by the government should really be deported.
- His fanbase continues to cheer, as the idea of deporting American citizens for protesting the killing of unarmed Americans by its government sounds great to them.
After all, there won’t be a tyrannical government on THEIR watch, no sir.